POLICY: At times there may be circumstances which restrict Resident visitation, such as pandemic flu or presence of infectious diseases that may require isolation. Florida Statute
408.823, the “No Patient Left Alone Act” requires SARABELLA SENIOR LIVING to implement policy that allows a Resident to have in-person visits by an Essential Caregiver during these circumstances. The visitation policies and procedures required must allow in-person visitation by Essential Caregivers in all of the following circumstances, unless the resident, client, or patient objects:
- 1. End-of-life situation
- 2. A resident, client, or patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family suppor
- 3. The resident, client, or patient is making one or more major medical decision
- 4. A resident, client, or patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- 5. A resident, client, or patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
- 6. A resident, client, or patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
SARABELLA SENIOR LIVING SENIOR LIVING requires the following procedures to comply with the statute.
PROCEDURES: Before in-person visitation, all Essential Caregivers must adhere to the following procedures:
- 1. Sign in upon entering the facility and before interacting with any staff, residents, family members or friend
- 2. Comply with the Infection control and education policies for visito Infection Control policies may require a visitor to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including properly wear a face mask and other necessary PPE and perform hand hygiene. Staff will provide directions on the proper use of PPE.
- 3. The Visitor shall sign this policy acknowledging an understanding of visitation polic Failure of visitors to adhere to the policy shall result in suspension of in-person visitation.